Sunday 9 September 2012

Hard day but good job done


So today saw rob and I tackling the many trips to the tip with the stuff which was dragged out of Milton and dumped into the cottage and garages.... We knew most things where not recoverable but we weren't ready to let go.  Anyway we tackled it and amazingly in some containers things which shouldn't have been in them were so I have now got two sets of jewellery we thought had melted. :) also my dads harmonica survived and well the tears flowed but it seems to work not that I can play it..... Yet lol.  Would you believe that the we note which I wrote at his funeral has survived along with those of rob lindsay Ann-Marie and my mums.  So in the next day or two they can have them if they want them.  Never expected to find those things.  Also very soggy but may just be ok for scanning some photos of Lindsay as a brownie lol hope they scan and then she will have some of her childhood  photos again.  I am not sure yet if any of Ann-Marie have survived as didn't want to peel too many until scanner was fired up.  Guess what I will be doing this week.

So now rob has a totally cleared man cave to put his stuff in over the next week he is a happy bunny.  Thanks have to go to Tom Butcher who inspired me to get on with it when he came on Saturday and I must say he really won't recognise the place now...

So as I mentioned at the beginning
This has been a really difficult task but now it is done I have got lots of wee reminders back and feel so lucky :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I hope you enjoyed reading my musings