Monday 8 February 2016

What's been happening !

So it been a hugely long time since I blogged but I thought I would start again..


I am at this moment in time much busier than I usually have to be so its a bit of a challenge to take this up again, but I found in the past just writing do stuff was good for my mental health so here goes.

My dear mum has decided to move into a retirement home shortly and is so excited it's lovely to see... She is off to Canada first to see her sister Connie and brother George and all the family. Is will be a healing time I hope as she lost her dear sister June to cancer just before Christmas and it was such a horrid time for all to see June reduced to such pain for so long....anyway a trip to Canada is jsut what she needs and coincidently means we can do the moving for her and hopefully she will arrive back feeling better and the hard work done... 

We meet with a carpet man today for choosing I hope.

At the same time as my poor aunt was so ill my dafty dog Cuillin had a bad accident in the back garden and was in such terrible pain too! I know some greys are not that brave but trust me he was and still is... After numerous trips to vts some really zonked out times he was over to the vet hospital in Stirling to see the amazing Jaqcues ! And have an MRI scan, the results show that poor lad had ruptured a disc and had a bulging one too! No wonder he had had such pain... Anyway his life was pretty grim from Christmas to now and we are now pleased to have a diagnosis and more importantly a plan of action! 
This photo of Cuillin was last year when he was fully active ! He's such a handsome lad ! 

He needs to be walking on soft uneven ground for his rehabilitation and so I now get up earlier and take him out in Vinnie ( Saab poorly and Cuillin can nearly always get into the lower side entrance of Vinnie  and it's also lower if I need to lift the 35k lad in). To say he is enjoying this is an under statement however it's tough for me as this generally means hills and well although I'm doing well with my walking this is over and above my normal stuff... So I should be earning lots of extra points at w.w.

I'm now a stone 10lbs lighter than first week of December having lost 9lb with the c9 diet...huge thanks to margo murray as I won this in a raffle. Then I joined weight watchers 4 weeks ago and I'm now 1st1lb lighter there too! 

Above is one of my chicken creations with dry roasted veg and wedges! All in my points allowance and also really yummy too.

So all in all im on the right track to having a healthier and fitter 2016. I am also going to Aqua yoga and if I can mange time wise a yoga class too with the lovely Junie ! 

As I get better at this tech stuff I hope to add photos and links but I'm not there yet! 

So today already I have Walked with Cuillin physio 1.89k and will be doing more later and also my walking to Easter challenge...

Knitting and spinning projects : I'm knitting a cardigan for india with some lovely Rowan rasp pink yarn gifted to me and I am aiming to do some spinning on my new to me wheel which is it appears a wee german  possibly barge wheel. More info when I find out more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I hope you enjoyed reading my musings