Friday 18 May 2012

Inspiration

Inspiration...what does it mean?

an inspiring or animating action or influence
something inspired, as an idea.
a result of inspired activity.
a thing or person that inspires 
divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.
the divine quality of the writings or words of a person so influenced.

So why is my Blogg entry today called inspiration I hear you wonder..... 

Well I am feeling particularly lethargic the last couple of days cant quite say what's the matter health wise but just not right....

Think its very much to do with the M.E. kicking in after a particularly difficult few weeks with the gallstones and the rebirth of Milton... aka the conflicts between us and the builders and Architects... anyway while resting over the last couple of days with no energy to read (holding a book gets hard and concentration is zilch), and not even being able to sit up much so no knitting has been happening also, I have just let my mind wander over the way things are and what has been happening around me and also with in the circle of my friends..

And well have found so many people who have inspired me....some to do better at coping with things when they come along.  Some in a crafting sense inspiring me to do more and try other crafts.  In fact I am surrounded by inspiring people, places and animals and well I find myself feeling very lucky.

So what should I do now well I am not inspired to get up yet as its cold, wet and my energy levels are rock bottom...the cold which looks like its been coming hasn't quite that may be because I have bombarded it with Manuka Honey and lemon and tons of fruit to keep my vitamin C in take high, or whether the feeling of heaviness and shaky limbs is a bad attack of M.E. I don't know and really don't care as long as I am trying to do all I can to be better it doesn't matter what it is.

So what has been making me inspired........... 

If I say Facebook you will think me mad but its not just my family and friends but the regular posts of pages I have liked which have been particularly inspiring to me lately for example www.skyebatiks.com
This company is a small friendly run shop in Portree on Skye which has been a favourite shop of both rob and I for years and when I found them on Facebook it was like finding an old friend... they post most days new pictures of their amazingly colourful skirts/shirts etc and just seeing one of those pictures transports me there and makes me smile and feel all warm... the girls there also tend to post wee pictures of the view from the shop and so I get to see the harbour area and the Cuillins also all year round.

What a lovely way to keep their customers aware of them but also make their customers feel part of their every day life.... I for one am always excited by the colours and textures in their posts.

However they are not the only crafting page I have liked oh no there is also, 





which posts a different free crafting idea/pattern web site every day this is always interesting not that I do many of the suggestions but well all ideas are welcome and go into the wee brain box to become inspiration later on hopefully lol.

I am also lucky to have friends who do some truely amazing artwork like Jane of copper top cakes here is her link on facebook http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.156845941023974.30886.100000957085264&type=3



and let me tell you her cakes are amazing creative creations just look at that angelic face.  

I was lucky enough to meet a very quiet calm lady last weekend at a wedding of a friends brother she was the official photographer and well she didn't order people about in fact she looked and acted so calm and unobtrusive I was most impressed she let the bride and groom be the stars of the occasion and her photos were stunning. It was nice to meet you Jacqui Paterson and if anyone is ever looking for a lovely photographer please ask me for her details she is amazing.

Thinking of people who have inspired me this week alone well there is quite a list which covers the wonderful girls and friends at Once a sheep, Karen the owner has created an inspiring shop which has allowed lots of fibre fanatics gather and support help and inspire each other to do more..... These girls and Lewis (mustn't forget Lewis who is a superb knitter) are one of the highlights of my week and even when the pain is bad just being in their company is enough to make it worth the ferry trip over to spend the morning surrounded with laughter and friendship and well of course all the goodies in Karens shop.   And even better now Karen has got the online shop open so if any of my friends don't know about the amazing once a sheep shop please go and take a look at her here http://www.onceasheep.co.uk/............ gives of an evil wee laugh at the enabling I have just done. lol

I am always inspired by the hard work my two daughters are always doing one as a mum and full time night shift worker and the other the Uk and Ireland Marketing Manager for Royal Canin who also finds the time to be a downhill mountain biker, part time open university student, and will be carrying the Olympic Flame this summer in Inverness....

My hubby Rob who I adore and well I do believe he rather likes me too, works damn long hours being a driving instructor not a job I would have the patience or skill to do, but is always happy funny and well helps make it exciting to wake up in the mornings... ok enough slush from me ... 

However this week along with many other weeks two girls have really been an inspiration to me... they are both fighting the big C in their own way one is a young girl of 8 who goes to my granddaughters school and has been having some tough wee days, her mum posts on facebook some of the trials this brave wee thing is dealing with... Sometimes I think Leigh her mum is in a very lonely place in the night when she cant sleep but seeing the support she has had from all corners of the world has been tear jerking at times but well makes you remember that no matter how much pain the dratted gallstones are giving me... they will soon be gone and I will be getting on with my life, my heart is hoping that wee Aillidh will be getting on with her life soon too.

The other lady who is a constant inspiration is well my daughters childhood friend and adopted sister, is Lucy... this girl has lived her life so full it makes your head hurt to try and work out where she hasn't been and what she hasn't done however she is also having a huge fight and is doing so with determination, pig headedness and grace which leaves me breathless... However she has decided this week to start writing a blog and I am looking forward to reading all of her fun madness and inspirational writings.... if you are at all interested keep a look out in blogland for memyselfandanumberofdiseases-sg.blogspot.com I for one am happy that this inspirational strong gorgeous woman is able to share with us what she is doing...

The inspiring people above are really only a wee taster of the amazing people who are on my facebook friends list there are many many more some who have been included just by being part of Once a sheep, you ladies know who you are and thank you for being so inspiring to me and supportive and well being there fighting for your health you deserve to win, like all the other people who have their own personal challenges going on in their lives... 

you see life isn't easy it isn't even fair but it is life and well its the people we meet along the journey of life that help us to be good well rounded human beings and well I feel very privileged to have so many in my life right now who inspire me to do the best I can whether it is in crafting, caring, friending or even just plain old living.... 


So perhaps this isnt my normal type of blog and well if honest it is not what I expected to write today but well I am feeling a bit in awe of all the fighters out there who are unsung heros and heroines.  Thanks for being in my life inspiring me.






4 comments:

  1. Hey Sandy, you amaze me all the time at how positive you remain despite the nonsense that has been thrown at you, now that's proper inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw wow thanks Karen well you are part of the support and inspiration I am lucky to have around me for keeping cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) thanks for the plug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irene McCormack20 May 2012 at 05:05

    A fabulous blog post Sandy. Aren't we lucky to be able to see the goodness surrounding us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I hope you enjoyed reading my musings