Friday 4 May 2012

TGIF

hurrah its Friday and the start of the weekend and for once Rob isn't working Saturday so we have a proper weekend... don't get many of those these days...

So after a busy busy day yesterday cleaning Vinnie out and repacking him... today I put up his bunting again and added those last wee touches that makes a weekend away in Vinnie more fun, the wee box of Word Bluff in the drawer, the box of wet wipes for all eventualities and well a couple of packets of haribo for energy while biking...lol

So it was Friday and on a Friday at this time of the calendar month it means Ardentinny.  The lovely ladies of the village of Ardentinny do a massive baking during Thursday and open up the wee hall in Ardentinny for soup and sandwiches and of course cake.... OK so you guessed I wants partaking of the cake or even the soup this week all had some sort of naughty for gallstones in them but it was an impressive array of cakes and 3 amazing soups,  Chilli and parsnip which I had hoped would do me but alas the cream had been added so none of that for me... there was a Ham and potato soup and also a lamb broth all looked and smelled awesome and by the happy faces around our table the tasted awesomely good too....

Here is Joanne and Ali's hand at the beginning of the morning while we were waiting for Moira and family to come.

Jo was modelling dry shampoo.... I know odd but in fact Ali and her had had a conversation mentioning dry shampoo and jo hadnt heard of it before so Ali as ever helpful found some and brought it along... couldnt resist taking the cheesy posed photo...lol after this we settled down to some serious knitting waiting for Moira kirsty and John...

As you can see there was a wonderful selection for the girls to choose from while waiting for the soup to arrive...lol











After Ardentinny I called into Milton and showed jo around the site, not sure what she thought but well it is coming on promise will we be in situ in 5 weeks.... not in my opinion we wont...lol





Back to the flat for cake baking to try out the dreaded flat oven on a fat free cake and well what do you think?








 Received this thorugh the post does anyone know what it is?





















THE WONDER BAG!!


A wee treat with some birthday money its a cosy for a saucepan for starters..... but oh so much more...

Now this weekend I am trying out The Wonder Bag, this was a present to myself with some birthday money and well I am so excited if it does all it says it will and I have no reason to think it wont then I am going to be one very happy and excited bunny by the end of the weekend.... I first heard about this from my mother-in-law Janet she knows how I love one pot cooking, and the enviroment and well also we have a camper and she thought this is a must have for Sandy and Rob....

So how does it work, its along the lines of an old straw/clay oven from years and years ago... you first boil the ingredients for a soup/stew or many more things, if it contains meat you simmer for 15mins, if its all veg based you simmer only 5 mins.  Remove pan from hob place into Wonder Bad  cover with provided lid, pull tight and set aside.... 8 hours later your food it cooked and ready to eat... wow no extra gas use... my sort of cooking and ideal for Vinnie camping.... it is also useful for picnics as it will keep things frozen for up to 12hours or cold for much much longer..... I can see many uses for this... its been used for some time in under developed countries and when I purchased mine another was gifted to someone in an African nation courtesy of me... Brill.... I am so excited... its going to be used to cook porridge over night and then keep the bolognaise and chilli hot while we are biking over the weekend.... Watch this space for a review after the weekend...

On that note its time to go and get the already cooked food out of the freezer and pop it into ............The wonder bag for the trip to Glentress this evening..

Have a great weekend and will be chatting to you all afterwards... take care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I hope you enjoyed reading my musings