Tuesday 1 May 2012

part two

So what else has been great this month of April....

I have had fun with my spinning wheel, I decided to sit down one day and just spin the lovely gorgeous batt that I had been given for my birthday from the clever talented Kirsty.


As you can see this batt has lots of lovely shiny stuff in it but I didn't have any information about what it contained and so decided to just spin it and see what it felt like turning into.... it ended up as a double knit weight yarn in places and lace in other and also had some thick unspun tufts and it was such fun to do.  I managed to spin 142 meters of this gorgeous yarn which I have just thwacked and left to dry as a single...it turned out very balanced but after washing and thwacking it the weight of the yarn may have just changed......





I have also started a nice shrug with the gorgeous yarn given to me from the wonderful swap partner I had in the Outlander swap on Ravelry last month.

I was a bit silly as I just started knitting and although I am adapting the pattern abit not totally convinced I have enough yarn for the whole thing so one back and one front down and well not as much left as wanted so may need to shorten the shrug a bit before the arm hole shaping so some frogging may be needed.... drat daft person that I am... perhaps I can find some more yarn in someone's stash with the same dye lot and buy it... don't you just Ravelry for the ease of solving some yarn problems...

I have also started my Bow Jacket from Debbie Bliss aran tweed back done and front started so that's going well finding knitting on the larger needles a bit of a challenge so not doing it as much at a sitting...

I was also the wonderfully lucky recipient of two beautiful gifts this month both quilted items firstly gwen gave me her happy jacket..

This jacket was a special make of Gwens but alas she has lost so much weight through her fight with a horrible condition and it was much too gorgeous for her to just give away to just anyone.... Well fortunately this lucky lady was the person she gave it too, I love it and when ever I wear it Gwen I feel very lucky and enveloped in love and care that I know went into the making of this gorgeous jacket... Thank you

When I can one I will show you all a photo of me wearing it...but here is one on the kitchen door


                                                                This is a wee glimpse at the inside or reversable side of the jacket



The other gift also quilted was a lovely quilted blanket with amazing colours I couldnt believe how wonderful it is...



The very talented Anne made me this quilt she informs me that its had my name on it for a long time, which is nice to hear... the fabric is all Kaffe Fasset pieces and well it is full of colour and inspiration.







When I cover myself with it on a bad day I feel truely blessed and loved as well as cozy....





The colours are amazing and well what can I say other than Thank you Anne








So as you can see although April has been very bad for my health it also has been full of lovely inspiration in gifts... I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. What lovely gifts Sandy. Glad the blog is back! Cheers, Irene McCormack

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks Irene and yep I was a very lucky girl this week...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I hope you enjoyed reading my musings