Wednesday 6 June 2012

mother of all invention

lol so today I was left on my own for a wee while something I was asking for and awaiting with delight... however didn't really get it organised correctly... yes I had Rob back to fry the mince and put it into the oven for me.... but forgot he wouldn't know if there was enough for the extras we are feeding tonight.... My mum has gone over the water to meet with Moira and collect the IKEA kitchen bits we need and also then on to airport to pick up my lovely mother - in- law Janet.  Who is up to be in on the Olympic torch excitement...  So the mince is cooking away but started to smell really cooked you know... so I opened the oven and . ..... disaster I saw the size of the casserole Rob had put in... nope that wont feed four but is too heavy for me to lift out... so what to do?


Well I have decided that I am getting better at thinking out of the box...or is it just that I have an odd thought process anyway I don't have a clue but in the end... I managed to get some more mince from the freezer and slowly defrost and fry (need to get rid of even the tiny amount of fat that butcher steak mince has in it for me) and without lifting anything too heavy got another small empty casserole into oven, the mince into it while in there, then the gravy made in small amounts added to said casserole... then I managed to put a lid on to both casseroles and shut the door.... if I have it all right there should now be two lovely tasty casseroles of mince and gravy for the workers and travellers when they get in the flat about 8.30pm, mum prepared the potatoes and will be switching them on when she gets her... so I am happily proud of myself for working out what to do and not just sitting down and crying as I am apt to do at the moment... no idea this tearful thing would last so long...its a week today since I gladly gave the incinerator my gallbladder for fuel....

So my time on my own wasn't as calming and relaxing as I thought and wished it had been but I survived and didnt do anything silly woo hoo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I hope you enjoyed reading my musings