Saturday 23 June 2012

Woolfest day 1

This is a quick update on the mobile in the hope that concentrating on writing will aid sleep.

Wooooo hooooo I made it to woolfest. No way was recovery from gallbladder op going to stop me. Especially as my dear friends jo and Ali were happy to do the carrying of everything. Girls you two really rock thanks.... I owe you both big time...

So Thursday arrived and the food stuffs were bought essentials like sweets for the car journey and wine fir the evenings oh and breakfast and packed lunch items...lol. Then we were off first stop Gretna outlet village. We had promised ourselves m&s shopping... However I found a wee shop called klass... Omg kid in sweety shop does not start to describe my feelings, I loves so many dresses really loved the shapes and materials. So with a lot of persuading from the girls ( ok none) they carried a arm load of dresses into the changing rooms. And the fun began. Every one fit perfectly, I mean really well. I had a ball strutting my stuff really had a ball. I knew I looked really good when jo announced I was a bitch with a hugs smile on her face and shaking her head. Thanks girls really made me feel gorgeous. Then Ali asked me to try on a black slinky number just for her. So of course I did and well to say I was surprised by how amazing it looked isn't even starting to cover how it made me feel... It hung beautifully and well is totally drapey and swishey and well ideal fir a formal night on the cruise.. So yes I had a wee splash out on some brilliantly flattering dresses love them. Lol pics one day promise ...
We arrived at the travel lodge to a hiccup with our room but all credit to the staff the were great realised their mistake and sorted it with minimum fuss and a smile. Thanks

Friday dawned with torrential rain and if honest never stopped but we were there for the start ready to queue all was orderly and them we were off. First the lovely vintage nic nac stall, were we ooo,d and aaa'd at lovely itty bitty's from our past and I bought a wee concentina opening sewing box. It's not as beautiful as my nanna's lost last year in the fire but it's sweet and came with some buttons to start my collection off again. Ali found a sweet wee set of thread clippers and jo lovely antique silks and we were of on a wonderful frenzy of wool and fibre and art bliss or what?

To try and describe the colours smells noise well would be impossible but we loved it to say the least. The girls gad taken my new shopping trolley to the yarn crèche and the wonderful wee man was happy to let me troup pack and forth with my parcels. I now have the pattern and yarn for a herring girl shawl. Ideal for vinnie evenings and already cast on. ( my hap shawl is a disaster, but more on that in another post). I have a pattern for a lovely shoulder piece called ocean ...... Erm something. Ops maybe sleep is trying to overcome the pain finally as can't remember. I visited the lovely timbertops stall ( links when back on laptop posting) and well was greeted as a long lost friend... Our shared fire loss experiences have forged a bond which well let's just say I know they really understand how thus last 15 months have felt and I know how they felt watching their workshop burn down not an experience anyone should have to live through. But we both can only say that the family through Ravelry made us all feel humble with everyones kindness seriously people really cared and showed it. I know I am eternally grateful for my fibre/wooly friends fir their kindness generosity and support... My family it goes without saying rocked too. So 3 wee shuttles later and sone buttons and well a yearning to buy the Harris loom they have lovingly refurbished left me with goodies in my bag and a keen wish the insurance monies had been paid (that table loom moves like a dream and is 8 shaft and really would love to be re homed in Milton.... Lol

I then visited the lovely Natalie and Gavin at yarnyard and well have a gorgeous fibre plait, sone gorgeous yarn and 5 wee braids of tatting silks... Delicious. I then had the pleasure of touching and of Course buying some beautiful merino silk which really is gorgeous to touch and will be a dream to spin all 300g of it. 100g organic falkland had to be bought especially as the island itself is in the news at the moment.

Sleep has alluded me but meds starting to work so will add the rest if Fridays fun later. Off now for breakfast and more woolfest woo hoo albeit mostly sitting today much too sore fir standing much but what a wonderful place to sit and knit while people watch... Missing you Liz we watch people so well together

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I hope you enjoyed reading my musings