Sunday 18 March 2012

Brilliant Birthday and Mothering Sunday

Wow what an awesome day... So much kindness and such thoughtful gifts. So what does my family think is the appropriate day out for a 54 year old ( yes I am that old), who has M.E. is in the middle if a rotten gall stones attack .... A quiet stroll and lunch, or a day of rest with feet up being waited on hand and foot ..... OH NO they know me so well... A session at excape sledging. So on our first sunny day we head off on the ferry in convoy and don our crash helmets hats scarves gloves waterproof trousers and climb the slopes with the tiniest wee sledge to launch ourselves down again. What fun, was I the oldest yep did I have the mist fun MOST definitely... After the first run and crashing in an almighty pileup at the bottom I realised you need to place you not so small bottom on the tiny plastic form central. Lol easier said than done but I am sure my squeals could be heard as far as greenock lol. Thank goodness the sessions last 30 mins coz I wouldn't have made any longer. This was the best workout my body could have had, every muscle was used many times and well how often do I get chance to career down a mountain holding on to a mans thighs squealing for my dear life crash end up face planting in the snow and be able to get up and do it all again... Result thanks rob for such a great me present and fit being my stoker for a change on a downhill pursuit.... And a lively soft landing zone at the bottom lol. The rest of my special day was awesome with the family, food and tea and new gardens to sit in .... Just what the doctor ordered. Now some photos of my awesome presses

1 comment:

  1. nope this was posted at 7 ish this morning erm no idea how to change the timings though so letting it stand

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I hope you enjoyed reading my musings