Sunday 25 March 2012

Spring is here

wow, the last two days have been amazing, the sun has come out to play and in honour of this all us living here in Scotland have dashed outside as soon as possible...

I have spent the last two days in rather a lot of pain but have worked out a medication regime which means I am not rolling about in agony but will have to contact G.P. on monday as he wanted to know when I needed to medicate full time...

So what did I do on Saturday.. Well the sun was out and I got up with the plan to just sit on the balcony and enjoy it however plans are made to be broken and well it was just not possible to sit with the pain so I took a wee wander down into the town along the shore.  It was so pleasant the birds were crying and you could hear all the noises of families spending time together outside and well it fare made me smile...

In dunoon I sat outside Seasons and did a few rows of my Later Gator Cowl in the gorgeous Debbie Bliss Andes until time to go to the supermarket for a good shop.   Again the plans didnt quite go to plan  lol quelle suprise.... I was supposed to go do the shopping and be waiting in the car park for Rob to come round with Halle to transport me and enormeous shop back to the flat.... LOL I forgot to put in my money so after the shopping was in the basket had to wait till he came in to pay....ops

Now some of you will think that that is a good thing but NO it means man packing and one thing I cant stand is man packing of shopping..... to me it so logical you unload the trolley onto the conveyor belt with the items you want to sit together in the bags, ie tins and sharp hard items together, soft items together, washing detergent cleaning stuff together, raw meat and fish together, and fruit etc together.  Then it can be packed in a bag together making it easier to carry/load into the car etc.  And not a chance of the packet of couscous being poked and split by the edge of the .. say corn beef tin...  So you get the drift Rob being at the supermarket before check out means stress for me... Now the wee beastie of a hubby knows my anxst about packing and I well it was too big an opportunity for him to miss and yes you can guess he kept moving bits and pieces of shopping from various places on the conveyor belt just for fun.... Gosh it is a good job I adore that man isnt it.... but shhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell him...but it was fun

So it was back to flat then a wee trip again to Seasons as the lovely Liz was sitting doing work but had done it all and wanted a wee knitting break, always happy to obigue of course, and a walk back to flat when finished means that I had managed two walks and two knitting in public times so not as restful as planned but much more fun lol

So the clocks sprung forward and we were supposed to have an hour less in bed.... well no we just got up when we woke up no alarms just sleep.... And we awoke to more sunshine woohoo, So it would have been wrong not to



Eat our breakfast outside nom nom,

That set the pattern of the day for me, I sat and sewed in some ends and finished a couple of nice projects


The colour is very bleached out of this photo so sorry not to do the Andies justice will get a better photo soon

Then I got a couple of photos of Later Gater I made for a friend once again the sun is bleaching the colours again.... just not used to all this bright sunshine




As you can see the sun was out and the clyde still had some mist in the distance.... the wind was just rising and not long after this was taken I decamped back into the flat to prepare my first Chicken dinner in 25 years.... it was an organic free range corn fed wee chook and boy did it taste good along with dry roasties, carrots and parsnips..........nom nom

So it is now nearly bedtime after a really sunny weekend and I not only had some nice fresh air but managed to finish two projects sew in the ends and update my ravelry project pages....I think the upside of my medication not totally killing my gall stone pains means I have to keep moving and doing stuff....lol




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I hope you enjoyed reading my musings