Friday 30 March 2012

visitors and singles

Well technology is awesome and sometimes I even manage to work out how to use it properly... today I am proud that I have moved whole posts from one forum in Ravelry to another and they seem to have worked wonders will never cease...lol


So I was lucky again today the weather was brilliant and our lovely friend Moira came over this side of the Clyde and spent some time with us.... Jo and I met Moira at Seasons for a wee lunch and tea and then came back to the flat and sat on the balcony... we were lucky to have Brahan with us for company and he was charming as ever.  Brahan has his own Facebook page and well if you come from Paisley you will understand him better than I do lol here is a wee photo or two of Brahan today










Now please don't think that Brahan was squashed for room at all he was determined to lay on the blanket that Moira's mum did for me a few months ago for Vinnie...and well I couldn't resist letting him...


So what fun we had laughing at rubbish stuff really but think it was sheer relief as Moira's daughter had been really unwell this week and was in hospital having major surgery and this was our way of lightening things for her... Must remember to apologise she legged it back along the front for the ferry she and I saw coming but in fact it was a wee fishing boat and she could have stayed for another 15 mins.... but am so glad we spent the time together it definitely helped me and I hope it helped her.... Once she was gone Jo stayed for a wee while trying to help me as my meds weren't really working too good... Any way decided to get out the new wee drop spindle I had received from the lovely Susannaknits on Ravelry and spin some of the nice silky tops that Jo brought back from England.... I did the first wee amount and wound it off to see how much yardage I was getting and in the fiddly doing of this remembered something the Knitmore girls said about placing a straw over the spindle and winding onto the straw and then just whipping the straw off after and wee amount and storing ready for plying so had a go and well other than one disaster it worked really well and 65 yards later here is what I got..


Don't they look pretty along with the spindle and wow look wee Vinnie in the back ground....bless

However the next picture shows you the right fankle I got into when I wound on too tight and the straw wouldn't come off and the yarn did.... erm not nice but hoping to use in some weaving for texture....lol



it doesn't look so nice.... most of the yarn was recovered slowly and added to the wee straws above but this last tangle is well a mess quite frankly..


So the sun stayed out today as well which well is amazing not sure how much longer it will last but definitely longer than the petrol around here... For some daft reason people have started panic buying petrol because of a possible delivery drivers strike... how silly can people be they have caused the shortages now before the strike in anticipation of the strike... I do wonder at the sensibilities of some folk.... Says the woman who thinks riding a tandem mountain bike at the age of 54 is sensible... so who am I to talk...lol

And I must say although the flat isn't Milton having the balcony and being so central is very nice and it does mean I am getting lots of company at the moment and that is always good especially when I am now not driving and most days feeling really rather unwell... Still each day brings a new experience I just need to keep my mind open to see it....








2 comments:

  1. I am sure Moirai really enjoyed your company. Love, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Irene, I hope so coz she was a welcome sight here and sharing my balcony was fun.... wish we could get you on a boat....lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I hope you enjoyed reading my musings