Monday 26 March 2012

Old friends and comfy slippers

Well a dear friend made a passing comment the other day about her catching up on listening to http://knitmoregirls.blogspot.co.uk/ , and this got me thinking, when did I last listen to them or any other of my old favourite podcasts and I realised I hadn't since "the Milton fire".  So I went and downloaded some of the back podcasts and have been happily sitting on the balcony with my knitting and being drawn back into their lovely mother and daughter knitting adventures... So a big thanks to Liz who reminded me about this pleasure and its nice to be back listening... its just like slipping back into a comfy pair of slippers... bliss



this is not actually how I looked knitting today but it was as relaxing with the clyde the sun and a cup of tea while listening to the knitmore girls....

So what with this lovely weather and having a balcony I am fulfilling a childish dream....

As I grew up I always thought having a house with a balcony would be the bestest ever... well at this moment I can concur with that memory it is the greatest and I am loving getting my washing out to dry and sitting with a cuppa and just being outside in the sun with the world going by and my knitting, I have said on Facebook if it wasnt for the pain of the gall stones this would be perfect at the moment just perfect...

So the weather is unusual its official even if you didnt know it the Met says so :

March temperature records broken again in Scotland.

Scotland has broken its March maximum temperature record for the second consecutive day. The March record, set on Sunday at Fyvie Castle of 22.8C, was surpassed on Monday at Aboyne which reached 22.9C. The previous record of 22.2C was established in 1957 and was equalled in 1965. Elsewhere, the warmest spot in England was 20.9C at Keswick. Wales recorded 21.1C at Porthmadog and Northern Ireland reached 19.4C at Giants Causeway. Issued at 1937 on Mon 26 Mar 2012.
So I believe this weather will continue of a couple of more days and I for one am very happy that this is so... I have my sunscreen bought and applied numerous times today and it will be again tomorrow for breakfast on the balcony...... lunch......and even afternoon nap possibly... so if you are passing and fancy a wee balcony break feel free to come up and join me all welcome.

And on that note I am off for a wee look on ravelry to see what I am going to be knitting next





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I hope you enjoyed reading my musings