Thursday 29 March 2012

inspiring moments

Today, I was in the company of a group of woman who have a common love. A love of a hobby which each one has arrived at from a different road....... But today we all came together to share our time with each other Knitting together...

I had thought I would only be there for a short time, with my wee ailments dictating a short vistit, But my soul/heart was fare singing as we tore across the clyde today.  Seeing the sun out and the first passengers risking cold winds just so they could sit outside was very inspiring and I was wondering why I hadnt gone up the top as I nearly always do when the sun is out and realised I was conserving my energy as I wanted to be at Once a Sheep so much this morning and being warm on the crossing was one way of having a bit of energy left for enjoying my knitting with the girls... Sadly it is only girls if I go in the day on a Wednesday as Lewis our lovely gentle giant of a male knitter is usually at work and so cant make it... I have really stopped going on a Thursday evening due mainly to the tiredness I experience by evening but I am more aware at the moment of the people who I just don't get chance to be with by only going on a Wednesday.... perhaps soon I will make Thursday evenings again.....

Anyway my blog today is about inspiring moments and well there was a lot of those while sitting in the back room of Once a Sheep knitting today, firstly the sun was streaming through and Karen just kept leaping out of her seat and taking pictures through the big windows at the views on the Clyde... Karen along with a few of the others do a daily photo blip and Karen's is always of what she sees out of her window looking over the Clyde. http://www.blipfoto.com/entry/1863247

The photo below is not one of Karen's photos but one from the flat balcony this morning and well was the inspiration to get me out of bed, dressed and over on the wee ferry to Once a Sheep



Another was just being with the girls and Moira, whose darling daughter was in hospital and having an operation, and well it was so nice to be part of the group holding her in a fibre hug while trying to keep her mind occupied... it was a mammoth day for her but glad to say her lovely vibrant daughter eventually came out of theatre in the early evening and is now starting life of less pain... Hugs Kirsty you are in all our hearts along with your mum and dad...

I sat there and was just looking round absorbing all the ladies with all their tales of husbands, children and knitting of course and it came to me how much this group of ladies mean to me.... I had not really felt well enough to be out today but well I needed a distraction from pain and they were giving me that by the bucket load and we all were there for something comforting and our love of fibre was giving us all the opportunity to be together and be supportive and be friends....

Of course this wee introspection didn't go unnoticed by anyone and I caught the eye of a couple of ladies who nodded asked if I was OK and just helped me... thank you ladies you really rock...

This was also the case later on when I started to fidget with pain and a quiet word of support came from a couple of more ladies and I was able to take my meds and carry on knowing that I was in a kind and thoughtful group....

When home at the flat later on and thinking over this wonderful day I noticed more wee inspiring moments from Eileen sharing some books that she had read and really enjoyed to Karen's Mitten, up on the drainer drying. Not all of those moments were met with gushing praise at the time and thanks but they warmed my heart and I carried them with me to my quiet contemplation times and well thank you all.

So as the evening wound down and my lovely hubby was due in from work I was in a lovely comfortable caring place in my mind and spirit and I was awake and cosy and happy and I know that meant a lot to Rob too so all these little inspiring moments went on to inspire him too...

I now wonder what tomorrow will bring and if I am going to be open enough to see it all ....................


2 comments:

  1. Beautifull Sandy! Hope the comment works this time! Love, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. they worked and glad I managed to sort it for you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I hope you enjoyed reading my musings